- Research Scientist, Physical Medicine & Rehab
480 Medical Centr Dr
Columbus, OH 43210
- Worthen-Chaudhari,Lise; Bing,Julie; Schmiedeler,James,P; Basso,D,Michele, 2014, "A new look at an old problem: Defining weight acceptance in human walking." GAIT & POSTURE 39, no. 1, 588-592 - 588-592.
- Worthen-Chaudhari,Lise; Whalen,Cara,N; Swendal,Catherine; Bockbrader,Marcia; Haserodt,Sarah; Smith,Rashana; Bruce,Michael,Kelly; Mysiw,W,Jerry, 2013, "A feasibility study using interactive graphic art feedback to augment acute neurorehabilitation therapy." NEUROREHABILITATION 33, no. 3, 481-490 - 481-490.
- Lowes, L. P., Alfano, L. N., Yetter, B. A., Worthen-Chaudhari, L., Hinchman, W., Savage, J.,Samona, P., Flanigan, K. M., & Mendell, J. R., 2013, "Proof of Concept of the Ability of the Kinect to Quantify Upper Extremity Function in Dystrophinopathy." PLoS currents 5, 10.1371/currents.md.9ab5d872bbb944c6035c9f9bfd314ee2 - 10.1371/currents.md.9ab5d872bbb944c6035c9f9bfd314ee2.
- Van der Loos HF; Worthen-Chaudhari L; Schwandt D; Bevly DM; Kautz SA, 2010, "A split-crank bicycle ergometer uses servomotors to provide programmable pedal forces for studies in human biomechanics.." IEEE Transactions On Neural Systems And Rehabilitation Engineering: A Publication Of The IEEE Engineering In Medicine And Biology Society 18, no. 4, 445 - 445.
- Yadev, V., Schmiedeler, J. P., McDowell, S., Worthen-Chaudhari, L, 2010, Quantifying Age-Related Differences in Human Reaching while Interacting with a Rehabilitation Robotic Device. Applied Bionics and Biomechanics 7, no. 4, 289-299 - 289-299.
- Worthen L.C., C. M. Kim, S. A. Kautz, H. L. Lew, B. J. Kiratli, and G. S. Beaupre, 2005, Key characteristics of walking correlate with bone mineral density in volunteers with post-stroke walking deficits.. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development 42, no. 6, 761-768 - 761-768.
- Bronner S. and L. Worthen, 1999, "The demographics of dance in the United States.." Journal of Dance Medicine and Science 3, no. 4, 151-153 - 151-153.
- Worthen-Chaudhari, L.C.; Monfort, S.M.; Bland, C.; Pan, X. et al., "Characterizing within-subject variability in quantified measures of balance control: a cohort study.." GAIT & POSTURE
- Worthen-Chaudhari L, Schmiedeler JP, Basso DM, "Training conditions that best reproduce the joint powers of unsupported walking." GAIT & POSTURE
- Borstad, A.L.; Crawfis, R.; Phillips, K.; Lowes, L.P. et al., "In-home Delivery of Constraint Induced Movement Therapy via Virtual Reality Gaming is Safe and Feasible: A Pilot Study." Journal of Patient Centered Research & Reviews 5, no. 1,
- "Embedding Graphic Art Feedback through Interactive Technology." 2012, Presented at seminar,
- "Stay Connected through Emerging Technology." 2012, Presented at Veterans Wellness and Thank You event,
- "The Body Knows More Than We Think." 2013, Presented at TEDxOSU,
- "Quantification of Movement for Physiatrists." 2013, Presented at OSU PM&R Residents' Lecture Series,
- "Game Theory in Wellness." 2013, Presented at The Inaugural Building Healthy Academic Communities National Summit,
- "Fundamentals of Gait." 2014, Presented at OSU PM&R Residents' Lecture Series,
- "Dance and Neuroscience: Bridging the Disciplines." 2014, Presented at STEAM Exchange,
- "Games for Health Deployment & Promotion Roundtable." 2014, Presented at Games for Health,
- "Games for Health Getting Down to Business Panel." 2014, Presented at Games for Health,
- "The Electronic Wellness Trend." 2013, Presented at Health Ohio Business Council Executive Committee,
- "COSI Academy Lecture." 2014, Presented at COSI Academy,
- "Quantification of Movement for Physiatrists." 2014, Presented at OSU PM&R Resident Lecture Series,
Papers in Proceedings
- Chaudhari, A.M.; Monfort, S.M.; Lamantia, M.T.; Lustberg, M.B. et al. Effect of an Argentine Tango Intervention on Gait Variability in Cancer Survivors. in 2017 Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine. http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2017/05001/Effect_of_an_Argentine_Tango_Intervention_on_Gait.1976.aspx, (5 2017).
- Maung D, Crawfis R, Gauthier L, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Lowes L, Borstad A, McPherson R "Development of Recovery Rapids: A Game for Cost Effective Stroke Therapy." in Foundations of Digital Games. (4 2014).
- Worthen-Chaudhari L, Butler M "Balance recovery in peripheral neuropathy: a case study using interactive graphic art feedback." in American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. (2 2014).
- Worthen-Chaudhari L, Schmiedeler JP, Basso "Effect of body-weight support on joint power absorption during slow walking." in World Congress of Biomechanics. (6 2014).
- Lowes L, Alfano L, Yetter B, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Bing J, Flanigan K, Mendell "Video game based upper extremity assessment tool for individuals with neuromuscular disease." in World Muscle Society. (10 2014).
- Whalen C, Worthen-Chaudhari L "Feasibility and cultural relevance of an interactive creative technology to enhance functional abilities in children with disabilities in Rwanda." in American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting. (2 2014).
- Pitale JT, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Bolte J "Development of a sensor to test indian dance as an interactive arts feedback to promote motor learning in children who show toe-walking." in World Congress of Biomechanics Meeting. (6 2014).
- Jaffe J, Lowes L, Borstad A, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Crawfis R, Phillips K, Maung D, Adams J, Siles A, Marlin A, McPherson R, Gauthier L. "Gaming for the brain: video game based arm rehabilitation." in International Research Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health. (5 2014).
- Gold M, Worthen-Chaudhari "Reducing Hospital Re-admissions with Social Networking and Data Science." in O’Reilly Strata Rx Conference: Data Makes a Difference. (9 2013).
- Maung D, Crawfis R, Gauthier L, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Lowes L, Borstad A, McPherson R "Games for Therapy: Defining a Grammar and Implementation for the Recognition of Therapeutic Gestures,." in Foundations of Digital Games. (5 2013).
- Worthen-Chaudhari L "Sensorimotor rehabilitation games: exploring recovery." in Games For Health. (6 2013).
- Worthen-Chaudhari L, Butler M, Smith R, Mysiw W "Balance recovery using aesthetically enhanced feedback: a case series." in American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine. (11 2013).
- Lowes L, Alfano L, Yetter B, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Bing J, Flanigan K, Mendell J ") Video game based upper extremity assessment tool for individuals with neuromuscular disease." in American Academy of Neurology. (5 2012).
- Bockbrader MA, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Mysiw W "Quantified Neurorecovery Project: A pilot feasibility study of inpatients with movement disorders." in ACRM-ASNR. (10 2012).
- Worthen-Chaudhari, L.C "Embedded Arts for Movement Retraining." in Annual Symposium on the 3D Analysis of Movement: Technical Group - International Society for Biomechanics,. (7 2010).
- Lathrop R. L., B. C. Morin, L. C. Worthen-Chaudhari, A. M. W. Chaudhari, D. M. Basso, J. P. Schmiedeler, R. A. Siston "). Locomotor training: the effects of treadmill speed and body weight support on lower extremity kinematics and kinetics." in American Society of Biomechanics. (8 2009).
- Morin, B., B. Lathrop, L. Worthen-Chaudhari, D. M. Basso, J. P. Schmiedeler, R. Siston "The effect of body weight support on the ankle-foot roll-over shape." in American Society of Biomechanics. (8 2009).
- Kautz, Steven A., Carolynn Patten, Richard R. Neptune, Lise Worthen, C. Maria Kim "The influence of mechanical load on the locomotor pattern in persons with post-stroke hemiparesis." in International Society for Posture and Gait Research. (7 2007).
- Mündermann, A., S. Koo, L. Worthen-Chaudhari, T. Andriacchi, W. Maloney "A potential mechanical pathway for the initiation of osteoarthritis in the obese population: a pilot study." in American Society of Biomechanics. (9 2006).
- Worthen L. C., C. M. Kim, and S. A. Kautz "Design of a gait laboratory to enable biomechanical analysis of individuals with post-stroke walking deficits: force platform positioning." in International Society of Biomechanics. (8 2005).
- Kautz S. A., C. Patten, R. R. Neptune, L. Worthen, C. M. Kim "Bilateral coordination deficits differ with post-stroke motor recovery status." in Society for Neuroscience. (11 2003).
- Chen G., C. Patten, L. C. Worthen, D. Kothari, and F.E. Zajac "Treadmill walking with harness support: mechanical energetics in a healthy and hemiparetic subject." in International Stroke Symposium. (2 2002).
- Kautz S. A., R. R. Neptune, F. E. Zajac, L. Worthen, and C.A. Dairaghi "Muscle function during forward and backward walking." in World Congress on Biomechanics. (8 2002).
- Bronner, S., L. Worthen, S Ames, B. "Skill acquisition and mastery in performance of complex dance movement." in International Association of Dance Medicine and Science. (10 2000).
- Worthen L., J. Hamill, and C. Patten "Knee hyperextension in ballet dancers." in International Association of Dance Medicine and Science. (10 1999).
- Worthen L. and J. Hamill "Ankle alignment in ballet dancers standing en pointe." in Performing Artists Medicine Association. (6 1997).
- Bockbrader M, Nielsen A, Kudron C, Worthen-Chaudhari L, Bogner J "Agitation Duration, Density and Intensity during Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Predict Length of Stay in Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation and Motor FIMs at Discharge for Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury." in American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Worthen-Chaudhari L, Schmiedeler JP, Basso "Rehabilitation of Walking: Are Key Kinetics Disrupted by Body Weight Support?." in American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Gauthier L; Worthen-Chaudhari L; Lowes L; Crawfis L; McPherson R; Crawfis R; Maung D; Borstad A. "Recovery Rapids/ Constraint Induced Therapy Game."
- Lise Worthen-Chaudhari. "Embedded Arts/Neuro Arts."